WMSC Certification System
In order to further establish the standard for World Memory Sports development as it has endeavoured to do since 1991 and boost the enthusiasm for memory sports worldwide, World Memory Sports Council has launched the WMSC Certification System.
The WMSC will issue copies of certificates for all achievements in different fields of memory sports, which shall include
1. WMSC Licensed Master of Memory
2. WMSC Licensed Arbiter of Memory
3. WMSC Licensed Instructor of Memory
WHO ENDORSES THE CERTIFICATES
The Ratification / Awards Committee of the World Memory Sports Council, which numbers amongst its members major world leaders and mind sports champions in key areas of brain fitness.
The founders of the World Memory Championships in 1991 head the committee and will be the co-signatories for all certificates.
Tony Buzan, International Mental World Records Arbiter. Inventor of Mind Maps. Co- Founder of World Memory Championships
Ray Keene OBE, International Chess Grandmaster. Co- Founder of World Memory Championships
The Ratification/ Awards Committee also includes:
• Dominic O’Brien, 8 times World Memory Champion
• Phil Chambers WMSC Chief Arbiter
• Prof. Michael Crawford, Director, Institute of Brain Chemistry and Human Nutrition, Imperial College, London
• Dr. Sue Whiting, Former World Women’s Memory Champion
• David Taylor MA, Past Master of the Guild of Educators
• Professor Jackie Eales, Head of Human Resources, Christchurch University Canterbury
• Prince Marek Kasperski, Australia
• Dr. Manahel Thabet, UAE
• Michael Gelb, USA
• Prince Mohsin Ali Khan, Hyderabad, India
• Dr. Jorge Castaneda Mexico
• Former President of Mexico Dr. Vicente Fox
WMSC Licensed Master of Memory (LMM)
In addition to the existing certificates for the top players such as IMM, GMM and IGM, we will also now release certification for other memory sports players who have achieved the required level in their memory skills. We will, therefore, provide an official evaluation standard for their memory skills levels as well as a reward for their endeavour.
An official achievement certificate will be available, to test or competition organizers in an authorized WMSC Memory Club, to give to competitors after the event to recognize their achievement.
Of necessity, these certificates can only be produced by WMSC via Regional Memory Sports Councils and issued by the authorized WMSC Memory Club worldwide using registered Arbiters.
In order to ensure that certification is valid and genuine, all WMSC Certifications (LMM, LAM & LIM) will be numbered and only be valid if they are listed publicly on the new WMSC Memory Club Web site.
Certificates will not only be numbered and personally signed by two of the WMSC senior officers, one of whom can be regional president, they will be stamped with the Seal of the WMSC to ensure authenticity and listed on the official website.
Congratulation to our new Certificate holders
Licensed Memory Clubs
Licensed Instructors of Memory 2016
Licensed Arbiters of Memory – Level One