Please note – REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
If you have not registered as a competitor or arbiter you are very welcome to attend as a spectator (no booking necessary).
How to get there
The competition will be held at Croydon Conference Centre
5-9 Surrey Street, Croydon, Surrey CR0 1RG 020 8680 1001
Their website has detailed instructions on how to get there: http://
The easiest way from Central London is to catch a train from Victoria Station to East Croydon. Turn right when your get out of the station and follow the tram tracks down the hill until you get to Surrey Street on the left.
There is a wide selection of restaurants serving a wide range of international foods, plus bars, cafe’s and interesting shops close by.
The Mayor of Croydon, Councillor Yvette Hopley, will host the Opening Ceremony and Presentation of Flags from 30 Countries at 4pm, Friday 29th November.
Location: Council Chamber, Town Hall, Katherine Street, Croydon
A Professional Photographer will be there and the photos will be made available to each team for media promotion.
- Please ensure your Hour Cards and Speed Cards are labelled and the two Unshuffled Decks are in order when handed in at Registration
- Competition is conducted in English and rules will not be clarified during the competition.
- Absolute silence cannot be guaranteed so please bring ear plugs or Noise Cancelling Headphones. iPhones and other recording/playing devices are not permitted.
- Please bring fruit/energy snacks, Pens, Timers, Stopwatches, Rulers and any other equipment you may need. Venues are close by for lunch and Dinner. Water will be available at the Venue.
- Every effort is made to keep to the schedule though times may change on the day due to unforeseen circumstances/delays. Generally, the amount of time for Breaks and Lunch will remain the same with the start of the Discipline delayed.
- Competitors must be seated at least one minute prior to the commencement of each discipline.
- Competitors must stay seated during the first and last 5 minutes of Recall Period.
Twitter hash tag is #WMC13 – Please Tweet your experiences.
Follow updates on Facebook Event Page https://www.facebook.com/
Provisional Scores will be posted on the Official Statistics Website http://www.world-memory-
A big thanks to our sponsors including Croydon Conference Centre, Advance Print, Filament Publishing, Destination Croydon and Croydon BID (Business Improvement District)
Please let us know if you have any questions about the event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
It will definitely be a memorable weekend!!
We look forward to seeing you in Croydon!