WMSC Certification SystemIn order to further establish the standard for World Memory Sports development as it has endeavored to do since 1991 and boost the enthusiasm for memory sports worldwide, World Memory Sports Council has launched the WMSC Certification System. The WMSC will issue copies of certificates for all achievements in different fields of memory sports, which shall include
- WMSC MemoryChampionships Club
- WMSC Licensed Arbiter of Memory
- WMSC Licensed Master of Memory
- Dominic O’Brien, 8 times World Memory Champion
- Michael Crawford, Director, Institute of Brain Chemistry and Human Nutrition, Imperial College, London
- Sue Whiting, Former World Women’s Memory Champion
- David Taylor MA, Past Master of the Guild of Educators
- Professor Jackie Eales, Head of Human Resources, Christchurch University Canterbury
- Michael Gelb, USA
- Prince Mohsin Ali Khan, Hyderabad, India
- Prince Marek Kasperski, Australia
The purpose of WMSC Memory Championships Club
WMSC Memory Championships Club
- Spread the brain science, popularize the memory sports, provide more opportunities for the vast number of memory sports players.
- Provides accreditation and rankings for memory sports players according to the normative standards established by the World Memory SportsCouncil (WMSC).
- Recognize the art and science of memory, prove that memory is the foundation of innovation, and restore people’s faith and pleasure in memory.
- Create a communication platform for like-minded people interested in exploring the human brain and its memory and potential.
LMM(Licensed Master of Memory) ” Master of Memory” (level 1-10) level certification test or competition (certified referee operation). WMSC Licensed Arbiter of Memory (LAM) Every Arbiter (Level 1), when they have received the arbiter’s training designed by Lester He and organized by different regional memory sports councils in different language areas, can apply to the regional council for the authorization to run a WMSC Memory Club and organize the “Master of Memory” Level 1 – 10 Certification test in their region. Each applicant will be granted a “Master of Memory” Level 1 – 10 Certificate when they pass the relevant test under the supervision of the licensed arbiters and the arbiters provide their signed test results to the regional Memory Sports councils for approval.
The business scope of WMSC Memory Championships Club
Lester He WMSC Global Chief Arbiter International Guild of mind sports arbiter (Level 4)
In addition to the existing certificates for the top players such as IMM, GMM and IGM, we will also now release certification for other memory sports players who have achieved the required level in their memory skills. We will therefore provide an official evaluation standard for their memory skills levels as well as a reward for their endeavor. An official achievement certificate will be available, to test or competition organizers in an authorized WMSC Memory Club, to give to competitors after the event to recognize their achievement. Of necessity, these certificates can only be produced by WMSC via Regional Memory Sports Councils and issued by the authorized WMSC Memory Club worldwide using registered Arbiters. In order to ensure that certification is valid and genuine, all WMSC Certifications (LAM & LMM) will be numbered and only be valid if they are listed publicly on the new WMSC Memory Club Web site. The new WMSC Memory Club official website will be at http://www.wmc-asia.com/category/club-list/ – note this is currently linked to the official Asia Pacific Memory Sports Council website. Certificates will not only be numbered and personally signed by two of the WMSC senior officers, one of whom can be regional president, they will be stamped with the Seal of the WMSC to ensure authenticity and listed on the official web site. WHAT APPLICANTS MUST DO To qualify, applicants must first contact their local Memory Club or register online at the new web site. http://www.wmc-asia.com/category/club-list/ They will then be contacted by a registered Arbiter to confirm a test time and then tackle the test in a local venue or online. As the difficulty increases, so will the level of certification. No applicant can take the same test more than once – there can be differing tests at every level for example with an automatic switch to the next level up once ten tests at one specific level have been completed. It is skill therefore, not familiarity which will be tested. More new tests will constantly be fed into the system. THE REWARD FOR APPLICANTS The certificate will be produced by WMSC via the web site. Regional Memory Sports Councils can also issue certificates once they have obtained a registered number from WMSC. This number will then be added to the online list of genuine certificates. The Levels will be graded much as Levels are graded based on the 10 disciplines of WMC, there being Levels toward master, and levels after initial mastership. Certificates will be awarded signifying the Level attained. The grades will progress as follows: WMSC will produce the “Official WMSC Memory System” which will consist of a book created by Dominic O’Brien in conjunction with Chief Arbiter Lester He. The applicants will be encouraged to master the memorisation of the following, all of which will be found in the official WMSC Memory System Book.
WMSC Licensed Master of Memory (LMM)
- the link system
- the number/shape system
- the number/rhyme system
- the Roman Room system
- the alphabet system
- long number memory systems
- card memory systems
- systems for the memorisation of dates
- systems for vocabulary and language
- systems for names and faces
- systems for examinations
- re-remembering what has been “forgotten”
- dream memory system
- the Major System
- the 0 – 99 Matrix
- the SEM3System 100 – 10,000