According to the epidemic situation，2020 The World Memory Championship implementation scheme adopts a combination of online and offline modes:
- Competition Flow
- Countries and regions with international arbiters
Each country is able to see each other competition through video cameras, all competitions from the corresponding country or area would be monitored under International arbitrators from different countries, and all results would be collected by the Global Chief Arbiter, Lester He.
After collecting the results from each country, the Global Chief Arbiter, Lester He would put forward the final World Ranking, and the President of WMSC, Mr. Raymond Keene OBE will announce the final results.
Competition needs to be enforced under the supervision of official arbiters and to be equipped with two cameras:
- Camera 1: A Live interactive camera would be used for the duration of competition. As the Worldwide broadcasting camera, which used for competition, the camera vision is required to cover all competitors and needs to be functionary throughout the competition.
- Camera 2：As a camera for moral supervision, it is necessary to record the whole course of the competition. For high-level competitors, whose grades are close to 90% of the World Record or aiming to break World Records, full exam footage from the issuance till the submission of the exam papers must be recorded. The video needs to include the competitor and clear view on their papers and the full-length video must not be edited, or else their results will not be recognized.
- The arbiters run the competition in their own country need to send the results of the competition to Lester He, the Global Chief Arbiter via the mailbox Memoryemail@example.com on the same day or the next day.
- Global Chief Arbitration Officer Lester He will summarize the final results, ranking and send to the World Memory Sports Council. The results would be announced at the closing ceremony by Mr. Raymond Keene OBE, President of the World Memory Sports Council.
- All competitors preparing to break world record need to report to the council 30 days in advance. Global Chief Arbiter would mail the test papers, which will be made separately, to ensure the fairness of competition. The bag is only allowed to be opened at the beginning of the competition. Moreover, competitors who wish to break world record must be recorded during the whole course, from memorization time, papers, and cameras need to clearly capture the content of test paper. The world record is only be valid until a level 3 arbiter has audited the video. (The world record made in the first online competition will be listed separately, and will be distinguished from the past world records and world rankings.)
- In order to attain the titles of “IMM, GMM, IGM”, evidences including photos and videos during the competition are required, and spot-checks on these competitors will be conducted by the Arbitration Committee.
- Every country’s live camera needs to be monitored by at least one official arbiter. Arbitrators, coaches and contestants from other countries may also serve as volunteers to monitor competition in various countries to ensure the fairness of competition.
- All achievements must be supported with complete evidence, such as videos, photographs, etc. If evidence cannot be provided or three or more international arbiters find the competitor to be suspicious of unethical behavior, Global Chief Arbiters may revoke the competitor’s performance.
- All world records and achievements are subject to the supervision and inspection of the Ethics Oversight Committee and the Global Chief Arbiter, The Global Chief Arbiter has the power to review or annul grades of any suspicious unethical conduct.
- Countries and regions without international arbiters
- Send your information by e-mail to the Global Chief Arbiter, Lester He (E-mail address：Memoryfirstname.lastname@example.org)
- Global Chief Arbiter will assign online arbitrator to you.
- You need to prepare a webcam which can record videos to ensure the online arbitrator can see all your performance with no dead angle during the competition.
- The Global Chief Arbiter, Lester He, will mail paper to you.
- You can only unpack and answer the paper under the supervision of an online arbitrator during competition; if you unpack the paper in advance, your grades would be invalid.
- The online arbitration commission would ensure the fairness and notarization of the competition through various moral supervision means such as live video, recording and photos.
|December 17 th||9: 00 London time||Opening ceremony|
|December 18 th||Each time zone||Competition|
|December 19 th|
|December 20 th|
|December 21 ST||Summarize results|
|9:15-10:30||1.Abstract Images||15 mins||35 mins|
|10:45-12:30||2.Binairy Numbers||30 mins||90 mins|
|14:00-17:15||3.Random Numbers(1Hr)||60 mins||150 mins|
|9:15-9:20||4.Names and Faces||15 mins||35 mins|
|10:35-11:00||5.(a)Speed Numbers 1||5 mins||20 mins|
|11:10-11:40||6.Historic/Future Dates||5 mins||20 mins|
|12:00-12:30||5.(b)Speed Numbers 2||5 mins||20 mins|
(cards to be laid out)
|14:00-17:30||7.Random Cards(1Hr)||60 mins||150 mins|
|9:15-10:15||8.Random Words||15 mins||35 mins|
(Two Trails may be in 2 rounds)
|5 mins||5 mins|
- About Time Zone
We compete in different time zones. There are 13 countries and regions (competitive sites) now, grouped by time zone as follows:
|Countries and regions||The time zone|
|The United States||UTC/GMT – 4 hours|
|The United Kingdom||UTC/GMT for 1 hour|
|South Korea||UTC/GMT + 9 hours|
|Malaysia||UTC/GMT + 8 hours|
|Hong Kong, China|
|Vietnam||UTC/GMT + 7 hours|
|Pakistan||UTC/GMT + 5 hours|
|Rwanda||UTC/GMT + 2 hours|
|Algeria||UTC/GMT + 1 hour|
|Qatar||UTC/GMT + 3 hours|
|Libya||UTC/GMT + 2 hours|
- About online live broadcast software.
presidents or arbitrators of various countries: Please download this software. Then scan the QR code to add Lester He’s account. https://www.dingtalk.com/en